Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I hate Treece

We arrived on a small water planet, I don't recall the name. It was supposed to be a refueling stop and a place to take on some more passengers. The local authorities must have had word we were coming, because they had our parts all planned out for us.
I was called to do a medical exam for the high commissioner. His own physician was off planet and he had heard of some of the research that I had done. During the exam, I discovered two things that sealed my fate. The first is that the man was avidly against any treating with the hell of a planet Treece from which we just came. The second is that the man was in spectacular health for his age.
One of the passengers that we brought with us from Treece was the latest diplomat sent to rape this small paradise of its resources and natural beauty. Undoubtedly he is the one who had the high commissioner killed. With me as the last doctor to see him alive, and having declared him in excellent health, I knew I would be the one who would take the fall. Playing along would be the only thing that would get me out of this one.
I gave them what they wanted. The death is recorded as an acident with my signature on the autopsy report. At least it got me and my crew off world.
Don't think we are done yet. We still have our secret weapon. We are coming back to screw you Treece.
-Baron Harveset Bowman MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment