Friday, January 23, 2009

R.I.P. Jayden, Beloved Nephew

A duel was the only way to solve it. A duel or some underhanded kidnapping work. Thats the way it works with these people. You make it a matter of honor, or you ransom your freedom. 

Of course, being an older man myself, I cannot duel and must have a champion. My hired gun, Jordan, had taken off on some fool mission to kidnap a girl and solve the problem that way. I figured he would get himself killed or captured. 

Jayden insisted that I let him be my champion. He had held his own with our last encounter with our disgruntled shipmate. So of course I thought he could hold his own. 

And he did. 

He got a shot off first. But then two bullets ripped through him. 

Jayden's ever present cigaret fell from his lips. A soft "oh" escaped him. Then he slumped to the grass. 

It was a that moment, as Jayden lay slain at my feet, that Jorden came in over the radio. He had pulled off his escipade, and there was no reason for to duel. 

Jayden, you will be missed.
-Baron Harveset Bowmen MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment