Thursday, January 1, 2009

Theme and Setting

Moving to a new city can be an adventure. But it you don't get yourself out and meet people, you can find yourself sitting along in your new apartment trying to ward off cabin fever. Sitting on the floor, I might add, as you might not have enough money for proper furniture.

My solution to the uncomfortable floor problem is some good old fashioned pen and paper RPGs.

There is something about sitting back and playing some games with folks that causes almost instant comradery. There is nothing like slaying a few monsters with people to get to know them.

Finding a game to get into was far less difficult than I thought it would be. A little bit of searching online found me some gaming communities in my area with some open games. Actually, finding a game to get into was so easy that I am now in more games than I have time for.

Having previously tried and failed miserably at maintaining a blog as a way of keeping in touch with friends and family, I have decided to give a new approach a shot. Instead of keeping people posted about the mundane aspects of my life, I will keep on topics that interest me and that I care to write about. Mostly this will be pen and paper RPGs with the occasional dash of other local flavor thrown in.

Hopefully that will let people feel in touch with my life while keeping me posting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm unable to touch your life right now. Am I doing something wrong?

    Lulz. Good on ya' I'll be sure to link you on my site. Not that it will generate any traffic since no one comes to my site, but so that I feel good about myself.

    ReplyDelete